What information will Our Parklife hold about you?
The information that we hold about you is what you have chosen to disclose and includes, but is not limited to:
- Name and contact information, including home address, home telephone and email address
- Date of birth
- BAME background
- Qualification, training and career history including curriculum vitae
- Reasons for volunteering
- Data regarding your health or disability
- Details of emergency contact/next of kin
- Bank details (if you claim your travel expenses)
- The fact that a Criminal record check has been conducted (where appropriate)
- Photographic images
Why do we need this information?
We process your personal data with your consent for a number of purposes. We will process your personal data where we consider it is in our legitimate interests to do so, and you can be assured that we will only ever ask you for the minimum amount of information necessary, to enable us to achieve those purposes. The processing activities that we undertake will depend on the roles you sign up for, but will broadly include (but are not limited to):
- To manage your volunteering activity within the Park Champion programme
- Functions relating to recruitment, training, role developments
- Contacting you about roles you have signed up for
- For health and safety purposes, ensuring your role is appropriate for you
- Where Our Parklife is using data to report on the scope of the programme and its volunteer pool
- Communications and marketing
- Enabling relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Reporting on the volunteer pool
What will we do with your Personal Data?
We will only use your personal data for the above purposes, and we will share your information within the ENGIE group of companies (including any successors). Additionally, we may share your information with the London Legacy Development Corporation and other partners, such as event organisers, where it is necessary for us to do. Your details will not be shared with any external organisations without your prior consent, however this system allows us to add new providers as opportunities arise on the Park and new organisations who may wish to offer volunteering opportunities to you, for example within East Village, London Stadium, Here East etc. You will be updated when a new provider is added to the system.
We may also share your information with third parties or statutory bodies, where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
If you notify us that you no longer wish to remain on our park champions database we will delete your personal data immediately.
Every year in March/April, we conduct our annual database cleanse. If you haven’t been active in the past year, we will contact you to ensure that you are still interested and will delete your details if you do not respond.
Your personal data will be held within the European Economic Area (EEA). Please note that your information may be held on systems where the support services are provided outside the EEA. In those instances, they will either be located in countries recognised by the EU as equivalent in the level of their data protection or ENGIE will have signed contracts giving a similar level of protection.
Mailing – opting in/out
When you register, you have the choice to opt in or out of our emails. If you have opted in, you will receive relevant emails about the programme such as:
- New opportunities advertised
- Rewards we may have on offer
- Customer and Mobility service rota
- Briefings for activities you have signed up for
- Vacancies on the Park
- Changes in policies and procedures
- Any last-minute spaces to participate in our activities
- Other volunteering opportunities taking place on the Park that might interest you
This list is by no mean exhaustive and some other communication relevant to your activity might have to be sent.
If you decide to opt out of our emails, you will only receive:
- Changes in policies and procedures
- Briefings for the activities you have specifically signed up for
The official, private, ‘Park Champions’ Facebook group is managed by Our Parklife and only Park Champions can be added to this group. If you request to be added to this group or send a ‘friend request’ to the professional account linked with the group, it means that you agree for us to have access to the information you share on Facebook.
By signing up to our database and opting in to our emails, you will be added to our newsletter mailing list, sent via Mailchimp on a monthly basis.
If you wish to opt into emails but do not wish for your email address to be stored on the Mailchimp platform, please let us know as soon as you register or unsubscribe by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in the footer of the newsletter you would have received or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are using Survey Monkey for the following purposes:
– Feedback surveys: Your feedback is important to us so that we can ensure we are developing a programme that is exciting, engaging, interesting and fun for you. The bi-annual feedback survey we send you is your chance to give us your opinion on the programme and how you would like to see it develop. The surveys are anonymous unless you give your name.
– Reward & Recognition: Nominate the volunteer of the month/year through the surveys.
– Application for roles: Some volunteer roles require an application, which are done through Survey Monkey.
This list is by no mean exhaustive and we might decide to use this platform for other appropriate surveys.
At the time of your registration, you have provided us with your phone number. It will mainly be used to contact you about activities you’ve signed up for but might be used to update you on other programme related information. Your phone number will be shared with the supervisor of the activities you sign up for. Please note that even if you opted out of being contacted by phone, we might have to do so for health and safety reasons on an activity day if:
- You are not on shift on time
- You are not located where you are supposed to be
- You haven’t signed out and you are nowhere to be found
On some events, creating a what’s app group might be the best way to communicate with the team. On the day, we will ask for your approval when you sign in. By signing into the ‘I agree for my number to be added to today’s event What App group’ box, you agree for us to add you to the group and therefore share your number with your fellow volunteers.
The group will be deleted on the following day to avoid data being stored unnecessarily. Our Parklife won’t share any phone number, if you wish to share or obtain numbers with other volunteers this is entirely up to you.
Our Parklife, our partners and others managing you on a volunteer activity often take photographs or videos for marketing purposes. These images may appear in our printed publications, on our website or on social media. If you do not agree for your picture to be taken, please let the supervisor know at the beginning of the shift and do not include yourself into group photos. Anyone on a staged group photo will be considered to have given their consent by being on it. If you do not wish for your photo to be shared, please do not pose on a staged photo taken by a member of staff during one of our activities.
What are my rights?
If you wish to gain access to the personal information that we hold about you, or if you wish us to correct or erase any information that we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com . If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.