With a wealth of local knowledge, Park experience and welcoming enthusiasm, the Park Champions will provide a fantastic addition to the visitor experience and smooth running of your event. In addition, the Park Mobility Service ensures that the access needs of your customers are also met.
Park Champion Volunteers
Why use the Park Champions?
- Park Champion event volunteers are experienced, trained, passionate and knowledgeable.
- They have been specifically trained to meet the requirements of Park visitors and to support event organisers on event days.
- Park Champions have extensive knowledge of the Park and the surrounding areas leading to the Park such as Westfield Stratford City, transport hubs and high footfall areas which visitors to the Park pass through on their way to and from events.
- Other landowners (e.g. Westfield, station managers, other transport hubs) are happy to allow Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park’s volunteers to have a presence on routes to the Park offering a warm welcome to people passing through on their way to events.
All health and safety requirements have been accounted for as part of the volunteer provision including:
- Role specific training
- Insurance cover (when managed directly by a member of the Volunteer Team)
- Volunteer health and safety
- Codes of Conduct
Team Leaders (who have additional training including: First Aid, Managing a Team and Welcome All disability awareness)
Is your event accessible to all? Do your customers need help getting to your event?
We are experienced in delivering Mobility Services to Park visitors and our trained and dedicated team of staff and volunteers are passionate about providing an excellent service. Since 2014, we assisted over 38,500 Park visitors.
We have previously provided a dedicated mobility service to major events including:
- Major League Baseball London Series
- Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games
- Unibet Eurohockey Championships
- Race of Champions
We also provide services for private hire functions and pre-booked group visits on the Park.
Make your event accessible to all by using our services
The offer could include:
- Park Mobility Service (hire of scooters, wheelchairs and ‘golf’ buggies)
- Accessibility Manager
- Blue Badge Parking coordination
- Pre-event Information for ticket holders/visitors
- Sighted guide service